Michelin Track Connect Runs
The Michelin Track Connect (MTC) product, co-developed with tracks racers, is focused on driver behavior across 584 race tracks around the world. The MTC run dataset has been created for motorsport practitioners.
Sensors on wheels, a vehicle receiver and a mobile app offer a wide range of data such as lap times, speed and real time tire wear-and-tear . A user may complete several runs per day (labelled “session”), and each run may contain several laps.
With Track Connect Runs Dataset data you will be able to :
- Receive track data from multiple generators, including wheel sensors and vehicle receivers.
- Make correlations between weather, speed and number of laps to anticipate risks
- Classify the circuits according to various criteria such as the risk of bad weather, the speeds of each user, the number of laps traveled
- Tracking data that can assess the causes of an accident
- Concrete measures to carry out numerical simulations for programs
- Adapt the offer according to user behavior
- To develop new algorithms for race track analysis.
MTC, as an app, and the data it provides, is attractive and easily accessible to a wide range of groups, including amateur sports car racers, gamers, racing simulator developers, circuit managers, racing vehicle equippers, insurers, and instructors.
The track data provided by the Michelin Track Connect Runs dataset is useful for :
- Insurance companies and circuits in order to adapt their offers according to the concrete consumption and speed of the user and to anticipate the risks linked to his mode of driving.
- Programmers who develop racing simulation products to make their products more accurate and realistic by using real life data.
- Circuit managers to be able to make improvements or see where the weaknesses of their tracks are by analyzing the times of the pilots according to the weather: if too big differences are noticed according to the weather this could suppose a deeper problem related to the design of the circuit.
Dataset Features Definition
Dataset Features Definition
Describes the runs that has been driven by TrackConnect users. A user may do several runs per day (session), and each run contain several laps. One line per run.
Lap information :
- lap_number : lap number in the run ;
- lap_start_date : beginning of the lap ;
- lap_chrono : lap duration (in ms).
|run_id||integer||Identification number of the run|
|user_id||string||Identification of the user|
|session_id||integer||Identification of the session|
|circuit_id||number||Identification of the circuit of the session in circuit dataset|
|vehicle_id||string||Idenitfication number of the car in the garage dataset|
|start_date||string||Datetime for the begining of the run|
|end_date||string||Datetime for the end of the run|
|weather_type||string||Weather conditions (dry, wet, damp cold (<15°C), damp warm (>15°C), undefined)|
|is_warm_up||string||Whether the run is a warm-up run|
|is_free||integer||Whether the run has been done with the free version of the app|
|best_time||integer||Best time of the user during the session|
|lap_number||integer||Number of laps in the run|
|laps||string||List of laps and related data|