What is a Tyre Selector?
Imagine having a car, and being in a situation where you need to change your tires. When it comes to dimensions, markings or even manufacturers, it can be a real nightmare to find out the tyre you really need. This is where the Tyre Selector happens: integrated on a merchant website, it guides you into your tyre choice → you just have to know your car model!
This API allows a merchand or e-commerce website to implement a "tyre selector" feature. It provides several endpoints, whose goal is to suggest accurate data in order to perform a search.
This search will then return a filtered data set of compatible tyres, based on:
- the dimension which has been captured
- the vehicle of the user
- the search parameters which have been set
The Tyre Selector is at the crossroads of 2 data sources:
- A regularly updated database of multi-brand tyres
- A vehicle database, which is updated by the vehicle experts.
This API product is already used in more than 250 websites and interfaces (especially on all the Michelin Group brand websites). They cover all vehicle types from 2 wheels (motos and bikes), 4 wheels (passenger cars, vans, classic vehicles), specialties vehicles (agricultural tractors, earthmovers machines, ...)
For a merchant website or e-commerce site (car dealer, tire retailer, vehicle maintenance workshop), the Tyre Selector API helps you to:
- provide accurate tyre results to your customers
- set your website’s tyre mix specificities in your API requests
- implement your ‘tyre selector” rules. The matching is then done by Tyredating’s engine which handles all industry business rules, and the connection with the relevant data sources
For car dealers or tyre retailers, using our tyre selector APIs allow you to propose your website’s visitors an up-to-date selection of tyres. And as a marketing manager from those companies, you will be able to propose your own Tyre Selector in any types of digital environment (social networks, blogs, ads etc…).
For an insurer, the Tyre Selector API will inform you on the homologated tyre fitments by vehicle which might ease your controls when insuring a new vehicle or compensate an accident.
Dataset features definition
Dataset features definition
Find in the table below, the list of fields provided by the Tyre Selector API with a 'By Dimension' Search.
|oeMarkings||Specific markings for Original Equipment customers||string|
|runflat||Whether the tire can roll temporarily after a puncture or not||string|
|ean||European Article Number||string|
|threePmsf||Symbol on the sidewall showing the winter characteristics of the tire. Certification 3PMSF = 3 Peak Mountain Snow Flake||boolean|
|mPlusS||M+S means mud and snow. This marking indicates that the tyre is better suited to snowy or muddy roads than standard models (summer tyres).||boolean|
|season name||Season name (Winter, Summer, All Seasons)||integer|
|season code||Season code||string|
|product name||Product name||string|
|product code||Product code||string|
|brand name||Brand name||string|
|brand code||Brand code||string|
|dimension speedIndex||Product speed index||string|
|dimension loadIndex||Product load index||float|
|dimension diameter||Product rim diameter||float||inches|
|dimension ratio||Product aspect ratio||integer|
|dimension width||Tire nominal section width||float||millimeters|
How to use the search by vehicle
- Get the vehicle
- use the endpoints "makers", "segments", "models", "years" and "motors" in this order in order to select a vehicle
- Get the fitments
- use the endpoint "fitments" with the vehicle details obtained at step 1 in order to gather the corresponding fitment details
- Get the tyres
- use the endpoint "byVehicle" with the vehicle details obtained at step 1 and the fitments obtained at step 2 : this will answer an accurate tyre results list !
How to use the search by dimension
- Get the dimension
use the endpoints "widths", "ratios", "diameters", "speedlndexes" and "loadlndexes" in this order in order to select a dimension to search
- Get the tyres
use the endpoint "byDimension" with the values of step 1 : this will answer an accurate tyre results list !
You can customize the search and the tyre results with the parameters nearby in the "byVehicIe" search
Real data sample
3 months trial period