This dataset is a collection of trips from personal cars and commercial fleets. Based on origins (location of the trips’ starts with GPS coordinates) and destinations (location of the trips’ ends with GPS coordinates), it gives the total number of vehicles and the number of kilometers run by the vehicles, aggregated by day, vehicle type and departement or county or state.
The different types of vehicles are identified as follow:
- 'car' (Passenger Cars - personal or commercial),
- 'van' (Light or Medium Commercial Vehicles),
- 'truck' (Heavy Goods Vehicles).
The dataset covers Europe and USA, with the following monthly number of vehicles on the road :
- 80 000 vans, 45 000 trucks, and 20 000 commercial cars in Europe,
- 45 000 vans and 11 000 trucks in the USA
- More than one million of personal cars in France, and 42 millions in the USA
It can be updated daily, weekly, monthly or specifically released for a specific period.
With this Origin / Destination dataset, you will be able to:
- Quickly get fact-based travel patterns between origins and destinations for commercial vehicles, vans and trucks, and identify the most prevalent trip routes.
- Analyze traffic from one location to another for highway, national roads or road corridor studies, all from your computer at your fingertips
- Understand intra-regional travel patterns for commercial trucks, vans and light vehicles
- Get metrics to develop and calibrate your road traffic demand models with actual and updated information
- Design logistics and transport activity trends thanks to aggregated kilometers run by states, regions, and time periods
As a consultancy agency for cities, regions, counties, states or departments of transportation, you can use our Origin/Destination dataset to:
- better plan your works on your infrastructure,
- propose new public transport plan,
- diagnose areas where congestion mitigation tactics will have the most impact,….
By aggregating and combining this dataset with others, especially the kilometers run by periods (derived from the date), it will guide you on the best moments to launch your infrastructure works, and prevent and measure the impact on the traffic in your city or state or department.
As an automotive parts retailer or a car dealer, and if your activity is highly linked to mobility indexes and its trends, you can use our Origin/Destination dataset to evaluate the mobility trends that could impact your activity, and though better plan your stocks and forecasted sales.
By compiling and analyzing the kilometers run by departments during a specific period (day, months, quarter, …) derived from the date column, this dataset will help you to draw trends and patterns that might influence your sales, stocks or activities.
Dataset Features Definition
Dataset Features Definition
|COUNTRY_CODE||ISO Country code||2 letters||string|
|VEHICLE_TYPE||Vehicle type : CAR (passenger car), VAN (light commercial vehicle), TRUCK (Heavy Goods Vehicle)||string|
|START_COUNTY||Start department or county||string|
|END_COUNTY||End department or county||string|
|VEHICLES_COUNT||Number of distinct vehicles||integer|
|TRIPS_COUNT||Number of trips||integer|
|DISTANCE||Total distance traveled||integer||Kilometers|
|DURATION||Total trip duration||integer||Minutes|